Because February is a month about love, there is no better time to focus on your relationship or marriage. Love is an essential part of our lives. It has an impact not only on our physical health, but also on our mental and emotional health. We have learned from years of listening to hurting couples that it’s all too easy to drift apart, even in good marriages. We tend to take each other for granted, to become “too busy” to give each other the attention and affection they require. Unintentional neglect, loneliness, and pain replace the joys of loving one another.
But this does not have to be the case! Every new day brings us another chance to get closer, love better, and commit more deeply to our partners. So, February has arrived, and it is the perfect time of year to rekindle love, transform, try harder, or simply start over.
February a Month of Love
February is widely recognized as a month dedicated to and all about love. However, February is more than just valentines and sweethearts. Friendship, sexual attraction, intellectual compatibility, and, of course, love are all components of a healthy relationship. It is fundamentally biological. Love, on the other hand, can be defined as an intense feeling of euphoria and deep affection for someone or something. You see love is the glue that holds the relationship together, and you have an entire month to love more.
During the month of February, not only do we have our yearly appointment with St. Valentine, a day to celebrate love, but it is also the coldest month of the year, a perfect time to cuddle up and rekindle love. The best time for some indoor date nights in the name of love. It’s the ideal time to warm ourselves with a steaming cup of tea while resting in the arms of our lover. Or simply a perfect time to share moments of relaxation away from the chaos of our daily lives.
Valentine’s Day should not be a time to reach for your wallet when it comes to love; rather, it should be a time to celebrate love with your partner that has no monetary value. With that in mind, Marriage Means Moore would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the most important moments in a relationship don’t happen all at once. The true romance emerges in the ordinary, seemingly insignificant moments of everyday life.
Try something different this year for Valentine’s Day. Did you know that romantic dates at home can help bring you closer together even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend? Plan some activities this month that you both enjoy and use your imagination to make every moment together even more special.
February and Date Nights
Stuck with No Ideas for Date Night? We have some tips to help you get creative this February, and to keep the love interesting and fun. Plan your next date with our Built Marriage Tough simple ideas; that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Here are some new ideas to have fun while avoiding expensive restaurants and babysitters to focus on love.
Rekindle Love | Indoor Date Night Ideas
- Breakfast in bed is a great way to start the day. Breakfast in bed is one of the most romantic ways to start the day. Make a breakfast tray with freshly squeezed juice, seasonal fruits, and pastries. Put a small vase of cut flowers on top of it. You can read the newspaper to each other or look at travel brochures together.
- Host a movie night with your sweetheart. Choose a romantic film you’ve both enjoyed before or one you’ve been eager to see together. Add some olive oil and rosemary to a bowl of popcorn to make it classier. Curl up under a plush cashmere blanket together.
- Massage each other as a couple. Invest in a massage table or utilize your bed as a massage table. Wear luxurious robes and buy some perfumed oils. If you wish to learn new massaging skills, look for a video or instructional manual ahead of time.
- Have a candlelight supper with your partner. Use your finest china and silver to set the table. Arrange fresh flowers and candles in a beautiful arrangement. Prepare your favorite foods or choose a romantic-sounding cuisine, such as seafood paella for two. Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries round out the meal. Round out the meal with a great new board game just for you and me.
- Make ice cream sundaes from scratch. When you’re eating ice cream, it’s easy to have a good time. Purchase some gourmet tastes and garnishes. To make a rich hot sauce, melt a little dark chocolate and milk together. Fresh fruit should be sliced. Into beautiful glass bowls, spoon your sundaes.
- Convo & Chill – spark up some meaningful, thought-provoking, and deep discussions to strengthen your relationship. Use one of our discussion card games to learn more about each other, create a deeper connection, and spend quality time with each other.
Explore Love | Ideas for Dates Outdoors
- Throw a pool party Lounge side by side in matching chaises with tropical drinks. If you don’t have an in-ground pool, you can still have a party. Drink your margaritas while you cool your feet in a small inflatable pool. Use the bathtub you get our point, be creative – don’t forget to play the pizza game on this date night.
- Go camping Pitch a tent in your backyard and break out your sleeping bags. You can tell each other ghost stories or pick up a pocketbook of poetry. Bring out some mugs of hot cocoa topped with gourmet marshmallows in exotic flavors.
- Share a picnic. Spread a blanket and lie down together. Make your own roast chicken and potato salad or visit your local market for prepared dishes if neither of you likes to cook. If you don’t have a backyard, use your balcony, bedroom floor – get creative!
- Play go back in time with costumes and dress up. You can dress up for each other in long linen shorts and straw hats. Snap some selfies and add these pics to your memories. When you’re ready to take a break, snack on tea and lemonade with cucumber and watercress finger sandwiches.
- Promise each other a rose. Start a rose garden together that you can watch grow in the years ahead. It’s surprisingly easy even for inexperienced gardeners. Prepare the soil a few days in advance to get the messy steps out the way. Then you can enjoy planting your flowers together and watering them daily during the important first weeks.
Bottom line is this, because love adds joy and meaning to your lives, embrace it and keep it constant. Do not allow silly arguments to question your foundation. February is the month of love – dedicate it to putting your relationship or marriage as a priority. Challenge yourselves and define what love means to your relationship.
Relationship & Marriage Coaching
You call your doctor if you have pain, you call your accountant if you have trouble with your taxes, you call a mechanic when car is broken. Now you can call a Relationship Coach to get help with your relationship and marriage needs.
If you need guidance or want to deepen your connection couples coaching is the solution. It’s a safe space where you can address issues and improve areas of your relationship that require attention with the assistance of a neutral relationship coach.
Relationship Tune-Up Workshops
Is your relationship in need of some TLC? Maybe it’s time to perform a Relationship Tune-Up!
You cannot keep driving your car without gas, oil, or a tune-up, and the same is true for your relationship. Tuning up your relationships teaches you to pay attention to and identify the hidden issues causing conflict. A tune-up also gives you both the tools you need to keep your relationship running smoothly. Do not put off the repairs because they will simply lead to bigger problems later during the year.